Monday 18 August 2008

Tom - TW Day 2

Second linking stage from Cwmrhaedr to Llansawel via Brechfa Forest.
Distance: approx. 71.5 Km
Metres of climbing: approx. 1985 m


"Yesterday I loved the climbing. Legs strong. Few Showers but mostly dry while riding. Some nasty very muddy rooty downhills which I hated. Walked some of that. Got back, feeling good. Night stage was very good."

"Today I started of dehydrated and on back foot with nutrition. Own fault. Got it back but used up all my stuff and water stop was further out than I thought. So I had hard second half and that made much worse by really bad rain all ******* day. There was another special stage but I have sacked that off as have many. My legs are very strong. No Knee problems, lower back a pain but always is. Just need to feed and drink well tonight and rest. The mud was silly today. Was pushing downhill. Love it though!"

"Today was insane, I can't do special stage no way. But did the night one last night. Am 88 out of 105."

No comments:

Post a Comment